Grilled Lemon Yoghurt Chicken
Yoghurt adds a tangy flavor to your smoky, grilled chicken. It slightly tenderizes and grills your chicken to caramelized dark brownish color.
- ½ juiced lemon
- ½ a cup of plain Greek yoghurt (low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 4 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon of herbs
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A whole chicken cut into 8 pieces (5 pounds)
- A teaspoon of harissa
- Add the lemon juice, yoghurt, olive oil, lemon zest, herbs de Provence, garlic, salt, paprika, and black pepper to a bowl and whisk.
- Pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Coat the chicken with the marinade and remove extra air before sealing the bag.
- Marinate for about 3 hours or more in a refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and oil the grate lightly.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, yoghurt and harissa in another bow and put aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinating bag and place on a baking sheet or plate lined with paper towels. Use paper towels to pat pieces of chicken dry and season with the pinch of salt.
- Grill the chicken for about 2 minutes with the skin-side down. Move and turn each piece to cook with indirect heat.
- Grill chicken until it evenly browns for 30 to 35 minutes. The thickest thigh should read 165 degrees F or 740C.
- Serve with the mixture of harissa and yoghurt you had put aside.
- 1 whole chicken depending on family size
- Spices and herbs of choice
- Cut the chicken part and wash them
- Leave them to dry
- Dip it in eggs or a wheat paste with the selected spices and herbs
- Preheat the oven
- Switch on the grill and place the chicken parts for 30 minutes under moderate temperature
- Serve it while hot
- 10 large chopped potatoes chips
- 400ml vegetable oil
- Heat the oil to get a smoky oil taste
- Dip the washed potatoes and wait until you get a crunchy taste.
- Remove from the pan and serve while hot